“Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light.” 

~George Washington

Do you believe this?
It’s not a popular belief these days. For one, there are many who deny that there is absolute truth. Moral relativism, saying that circumstances determine truth, what is right and wrong, has become the norm.
Another reason this is unpopular is because ‘pain’ is unpopular. We’d much rather do what feels good. We as a culture have lost that tenacious drive to seek out the answers for ourselves.
My name is Jonathan Paine. I was born and raised an American. I love this country, her people, her land. I believe we have been blessed beyond imagination. We have lived in prosperity for over 220 years under one form of government and one Constitution.
But my heart breaks everyday as I see this country I love, slowly, surely, moving away from our foundations of liberty. The truth of our past, meant to guide our future, has been overshadowed, set aside, abandoned.
One of the greatest documents ever written, the Declaration of Independence, was essentially our charter. It was a proclamation to the world of what we stood for. Right in the very heart of that great document are these words,


“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are 
Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”


“Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light.”
Do you believe this?
I do. That is why I am starting this blog. Every week on Friday, I will be posting an examination of one of the top stories from the news, looking at it through the lens of our past. It is my desire and passion to take the pains necessary to bring truth to the light.

Will you join me?

painefultruth.blogspot.com
@painefultruth76
painefultruth1776@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Articles

Equality: Missing the Key Word

Hogg & Company - Welcome to the Real World

The Coming Tragedy