Dear Future Generation: I'm Sorry


     In 1973 a landmark decision by the Supreme Court of the United States labeled the abortion procedure a 'right'. Roe vs. Wade was a turning point in our nation's history, and not a turn for the better. In this era of enlightenment and scientific advancement, we still will not bring ourselves to recognize the life of an unborn child as just that - a life. This is a reprehensible blot on a nation whose charter and goal was to protect Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. How far we have strayed.
     This video does a wonderful job bringing things into perspective in a way that I'm sure many of us have not thought of before. And it also lays out ways for us to make a difference. So take a listen, I think you will be inspired and challenged. If so, and you do care about this future generation, please share this video with as many people as you can.

Jonathan Paine
painefultruth76.blogspot.com
painefultruth1776@gmail.com
@painefultruth76

Transcript of Video:
Dear Future Generation: I’m Sorry
I’m sorry that you’ll never know what it’s like to take your first breath of clean, pure air. Sorry that we were too focused on ourselves to care about what happened to you. I’m sorry that we took away your chance at a life like we got to enjoy.
Now that I’m thinking about it, I can’t believe all the beautiful things that you will never get to experience. It breaks my heart. Can you ever forgive us?
We stole from you your first steps, feeling the cool, green grass under your feet. Or maybe on the sand along the shore, feeling the cool ocean water touch you for the first time. I’m sorry.
I’m sorry you’ll never know how it feels to catch a snowflake on your tongue, all bundled up against the frosty air. You’ll never see lights twinkling on a Christmas tree.
The first warm spring rain - to dance in it. I guess you don’t know what dancing is though. Well let me tell you, it’s what you do when you’re so happy that you just have to move. When words and feelings are just not enough. All that joy, all that happiness just comes out. But you’ll never know that on this earth. And for that I’m so sorry.
All that, and so much more, we’ve stolen from you. Why? Because we were only thinking about ourselves. The here and now got in the way of the future. The what I need right now overshadowed what you needed. We let convenience trump conscience. We let our goals trample what was good. We lied to ourselves, telling ourselves - you didn’t care. You had no say in the matter. You became a ‘could-be’, not an ‘is’.
I think one of the saddest parts of all this is though, that we wouldn’t even bring ourselves to say what this theft really was. We came up with words to make us feel better, to take the edge off of it. You see, nobody likes the word ‘murder’, so we said ‘abortion’. Nobody likes to think of death, so we said choice. We couldn’t see you as a life, because of our selfishness, so we called it a right.
You see, despite what most would want you to think, abortions are not always safe, legal and rare. Abortions are not safe. Ever. For those who say I don’t know what I’m talking about, I dare you to talk to the thousands of people, people, who survived abortions. They were just babies when they nearly died during the abortion procedure. And if you still don’t believe me, think about the millions who have died. It’s not safe.
Abortions are not rare, either. Since Roe v. Wade, upwards of 57 million babies, 57 million humans, have been killed. As a point of comparison, the largest state in our Union, California has a population of only 38 million. 57 million lives destroyed. I’m so sorry, you were our future generation. And now you’re gone.
But for some strange reason, that I cannot explain, abortions are still legal. So I’m sorry, future generation. I’m sorry that we were too caught up to pay attention to your cries. I’m sorry that were too focused on the next promotion, the next raise, the next new car, the latest and greatest TV show to notice that you were dying by the thousands, and we did nothing. Every day we lose more of that future generation, some estimates say over 2,500 babies a day.
But wait, dear future generation, while you have paid the ultimate price for our unpardonable inaction, I know that you wouldn’t want us to leave it there. You see, just because we’ve made this mistake in the past, doesn’t mean that we have to keep making it.
We can turn this around. How?
It starts with you. When we create a generation, right here and now that takes responsibility for the next generation, then we have no need to apologize. We can look at the world and the country that we hand down to them and be proud. Proud that we did our best, we took action and gave the results to God.  
You and I have a choice every day. There is so much that we cannot influence but there is even more that we can. But it takes a dedication. It takes discipline. It takes getting informed and involved. It takes dying to ourselves and and a willingness to stand up for what is right no matter what. No matter who tells us differently and no matter the consequences.
Take a stand on the issues that matter. Liberty, freedom, security, rights. But if we lose the sacredness of life, all life, every single life, then none of the other things will matter.
Dear future generation, I’m sorry. I know we can never, ever make it up to you, but as for me - I’m going to try.

Comments

Popular Articles

Hogg & Company - Welcome to the Real World

Equality: Missing the Key Word

The Coming Tragedy